1. While shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. Be familiar with the dangers of shopping online together with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for the safest conditions.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that has a better reputation.
4. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.