1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.