1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are available to be shipped to you.
3. After you have found the items you desire, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
4. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
5. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.