1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything for your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.
3. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at many different websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
4. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to satisfy the new deal.
5. Always remember your budget and credit limits when you shop online. The virtual realm of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.