1. When you are searching for a place to buy a product and not one of the results appear to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your money.
2. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the very first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. For the most part this will provide you with an approximate idea of what sort of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a large swerve.
3. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.
4. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. When a company includes a newsletter, sign-up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, special deals and discount codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only subscribe to a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a discount code.