1. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've had a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
2. Find out the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews upon them online.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.