1. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated whenever you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's arriving at you fairly!
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. While shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. Be careful where you submit your credit card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, either in your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
5. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.