1. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are choosing a site to look from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your charge card information, try to find another site. Try to find a web site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your credit card information.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
4. Should you be looking for the best coupons, consider registering for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to people that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big desire for the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.