1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through another store.
3. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is always to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as being a seller.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!