1. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as soon as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by a couple of days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
2. Once you enjoy the ease of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a brand new password to your bank and the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
3. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as being a seller.