1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free shipping once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. When you are making any purchases on the internet and you are required to produce a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to see this password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many internet retailers have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.