1. If you are searching for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the very first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big interest in the brand, therefore the signup can result in some phenomenal savings.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Be skeptical of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a limit and follow it.