1. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
2. When you find yourself making a purchase online, ensure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Charge card users are protected against fraud by federal law and therefore are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far regarding wave the $50 for you, which means that you will not be out of pocket.
3. If you are planning to be online shopping, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers try to find WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. Always remember your finances and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has become a lot of people in serious debt. You need to take a look at online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or use a coupon code that allows you to get free delivery. Instead of paying your hard earned cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.