1. In case you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
4. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make certain you have the ability to have a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
5. When you are searching for a spot to buy an item and no results seem to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your details. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so you know the retailer is not to take your money.