1. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Many people have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. When shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
4. Be cautious where you submit your credit card information. When you are shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There can also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.
5. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider trying to get a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.