1. While shopping online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your individual information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The web page is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that has a better reputation.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.