1. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.
2. If you want to save money on the products you purchase online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals if you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies prior to getting started.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
4. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
5. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are on the up or higher and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.