1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Whenever you enjoy the comfort of frequent online shopping, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks roughly, make up a new password to your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
5. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store features a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.