1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you are going to become doing some shopping on the web, make sure you comprehend the liability for each credit card you utilize online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not need to get stuck with purchases made on your own card if the number is stolen.
3. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
4. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.