1. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a price is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
2. Be careful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of satisfaction.
4. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.