1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
2. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, tend not to buy everything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. If you like an internet store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. Before making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on the items and when there are free shipping options available to you.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.