1. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply check out at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your charge card information. However, if there is no "s" within the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.
3. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free shipping. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the truth, choose the one which will save you as much as possible.
4. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you simply did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.