1. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the vendor first. You need to visit their profile and look for reviews written by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Do not hesitate get in touch with the seller to ask a few questions regarding the product you are considering.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and see that being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.
5. To guard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.