1. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and discover if they are offered to be shipped to you.
2. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you desire to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, make sure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.