1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. Although it may seem tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
4. Always look for coupon codes when shopping on the net. Many online retailers give out reductions for various things and you can see them by carrying out a simple search. Just type in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This really is a great way to spend less when you shop online.
5. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.