1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
2. If you wish to buy a used product online, learn more about the owner first. You need to visit their profile and look for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products from this seller. Usually do not hesitate to make contact with the seller to ask a few questions regarding the product you are considering.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.