1. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. While shopping online, be certain the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. When a site lacks the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
3. If you like a web-based store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.