1. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's visiting you fairly!
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
3. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are around the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Prior to making a purchase, compare prices on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it really will cost for the shipping on your own items and in case there are free delivery options open to you.
5. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You begin to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.