1. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
2. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your cash.
3. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You can chat immediately with a customer support representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of satisfaction.
4. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.