1. When shopping online, it's best to check around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy to get the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
2. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider trying to get a separate charge card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, especially if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you can protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. If you are going to be doing some online shopping, make sure you comprehend the liability for each credit card you make use of online. Many credit cards have automatic fraud prevention built in while others offer it for any minimal fee. You do not want to get stuck with purchases made on the card when the number is stolen.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.