1. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
3. While shopping online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.