1. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to look at the description which means you know exactly what you really are purchasing.
2. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL from the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
3. Do more research in the online store you are interested in before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to adhere to online stores with an excellent reputation.
4. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Sign-up for any identity theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.