1. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
2. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that requires this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
3. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions if they are the only items listed with this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they will also obtain a reputation as a seller.
5. If you are planning to be online shopping, make sure that you practice it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like one that you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.