1. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a restriction and stay with it.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
3. If you want to spend less on the products you purchase online and want to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals should you place your bids at the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
4. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are accessible to be shipped to you.
5. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.